Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I've had it! My piles have finally become so high that I can't stand them. Then they fall over, mixing the A,B,and C piles together. I haven't seen the cat for days, not since he was rubbing up against the "B" pile. Hmmmmm. I have been setting up an office area in the family room so I can still be around the family while I work. In the past, I would always bring in some work to do while watching TV with my wife and my son James. Then, I would intend to put the stuff back but it would generally get placed on a table and sorted into A,B, or C piles. The piles got higher and higher, and then I wouldn't see the cat for days. Now I have one place set up where I can be with the family while I write, tie flies, and work on the computer for business "paperwork" and my consulting business. Of course, there is a dedicated area for the A,B, and C piles.
The next step is to clean out the garage. My wife said that if the garage was COMPLETELY cleaned out and organized, she would support my wish to put up a building in back to hold all my entrepreneurial acitivities. It will be a faux log cabin, barn style, with a storage loft (attic) above. Lots of workbench space, and a lounge area for friends and customers to relax. Of course the mandatory refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and sink will have to be set up. Windows and a skylight will bring in natural light, and the air conditioner and propane heat will keep it comfortable in summer and winter. On the front of the building will be a dutch door and a sliding glass door. It will have a nice shady front porch with chairs, railings, and maybe a rocker. Fifteen feet across the lawn, along the fence line, will be an artificial waterfall and stream. Bluegill will inhabit the water feature, and maybe some catfish.

No comments: